Taking Requests

Hi
I just wanted to make it known that I am willing to take requests for dishcloth pattern ideas. I am still learning but am willing to try anything at least once. Feel free to post requests here or email me at gimpykatk@aol.com. Please put pattern request in subject line so I can read it right away. And please remember to leave a way foe me to contact you if I am able to create your request.

My camera is not the best so if you make one of the patterns and get a better picture, I'd love to see it and maybe use it as the example photo.

If you are not a knitter and would rather have a finished knitted cloth of any of these patterns I am also glad to knit them up for you. Contact me for prices and shipping, as they may vary depending on the number of cloths ordered.

I have had many comments regarding needle sizes used for my patterns. Unless I specify, feel free to use any size needle you are comfortable with. A picture pattern may show up better with a smaller needle if you are a loose knitter. I am a loose knitter so I tend to us a US 3 or US 4 sized needle. But there is no gauge with a dishcloth and most cloths will use no more that a ball of cotton regardless of needle size.

Thank you for visiting my blog and looking at my first sets of original patterns.

Aunt Kathy

November 17, 2007

Wedding Cloth with Names

Wedding Dishcloth W/Names
© Kathleen Brundige November 2007



The (*) stands for a letter you will use for the name.

CO 43
ROW 1-4- K ACROSS
ROW 5 AND ALL ODD- K3, P37, K3
ROW 6- K ACROSS
ROW 8- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 10- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 12- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 14- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 16- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3

ROW 18- K ACROSS
ROW 20- K3, P17, K3, P17, K3
ROW 22- K3, P16, K5, P16, K3
ROW 24- K3, P15, K7, P15, K3
ROW 26- K3, P14, K9, P14, K3
ROW 28- K3, P13, K11, P13, K3
ROW 30- K3, P13, K5, P1, K5, P13, K3
ROW 32- K3, P14, K3, P3, K3, P14, K3
ROW 34- K ACROSS
ROW 36- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 38- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 40- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 42- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3
ROW 44- K3, P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, (*), P2, K3

ROW 46- K ACROSS
ROW 48- K3, P12, K5, P3, K5, P12, K3
ROW 50- K3, P10, K1, P7, K1, P7, K1, P10, K3
ROW 52- K3, P9, K1, P7, K1, P1, K1, P7, K1, P9, K3
ROW 54- K3, P9, K1, P7, K1, P1, K1, P7, K1, P9, K3
ROW 56- K3, P9, K1, P7, K1, P1, K1, P7, K1, P9, K3
ROW 58- K3, P10, K1, P7, K1, P7, K1, P10, K3
ROW 60- K3, P12, K5, P3, K5, P12, K3
ROW 62- K ACROSS
ROW 64-67- K ACROSS
BO

Note: Lines 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 AND 36, 38, 40, 42 AND 44 are for names. The pattern will hold easily 5 letter names. I hAve graphed out the alphabet so you can substitute the name you want. If the name is less than 5 letters you'll need to adjust the spacing of the fewer letters, I can help if you need me to with that.

For names longer than 5 letters you might have to make the cloth bigger to accomodate or change the size of the letters.

The alphabet graph of letters is on a seperate pattern here on my site. Please click on this link to get your letter instructions.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern, Is there any way I could get this pattern with the names of Kayla, and Bob? Thankyou

Anonymous said...

Is there a list of names we can download ie. Doris etc...

Anonymous said...

Just watched your video on casting on and wanted to say thank you. My friend and I were shown that way this past summer and we completely forgot how to do it. Love your patterns too! Thanks again, ADSinma

Suzie Q said...

I was trying to put Suzie and Steve on this pattern but for some reason it did not come out could you send me the pattern with the letters already inserted please! I've tried it 4 times and its not coming out. Thank you in advance :)

Anonymous said...

I was trying to put Sandy and Joe on this pattern but for some reason I can not get it to come out right. Could you please send me the pattern with the letters already inserted please. Thank you sooooo much!!! :)

marilynriley5962@yahoo.com said...

I would love to make this cloth for my grandaughter getting married in April. New directions with names STEPH and MARK.
Thanks a million.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I love all your patterns. Thank you for sharing. I have been working on this one and I just can't get it right. I am using the names Kattie and Timbo and it just never looks right. I keep starting over and over. I thought I better ask for your help. Could you help me please? I want to give this has a bridal shower gift. Thanks very much.
Sheri

Aunt Kathy said...

Ok I worked out the graph for you it's a little harder when there are more than 5 letters in a name but I worked it out

B= Border at beginning of row B= K3, P2 at end of row B= P2, K3

TIMBO-
B, P2, K1, P4, K5, P2, K1, P3, K1, P2, K4, P4, K3, P1, B
B, P2, K1, P6, K1, P4, K1, P3, K1, P2, K1, P3, K1, P2, K1, P3, K1, B
B, P2, K1, P6, K1, P4, (K1, P1)2X, K1, P2, K4, (P3, K1)2X, B
B, P2, K1, P6, K1, P4, K2, P1, K2, P2, K1, P3, K1, P2, K1, P3, K1, B
B, (K5, P2)2X, K1, P3, K1, P2, K4, P4, K3, P1, B

KATTIE-
B, K1, P3, K1, P2, (K1, P3)2X, K1, P4, K1, P3, K3, P2, K4, B
B, K1, P2, K1, (P3, K1)3X, (P4, K1)2X, P3, K1, P3, B
B, K3, P4, K5, P3, (K1, P4)2X, K1, P3, K3, P1, B
B, K1, P2, (K1, P3)3X, (K1, P4)2X, (K1, P3)2X, B
B, (K1, P3)2X, K3, P3, (K3, P2)3X, K4, B

Whichever name you do first will show up on the BOTTOM of the cloth

So if you want Kattie to be on top start with Timbo lines 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16
and Kattie will start with lines 36, 38, 40, 42, and 44

I couldn't email to you as you did not include your email address, I hope you see this

Anonymous said...

TRYINOU TO DO SOME NAMES BUT WONT LET ME GO TO YOUR WEB ADDRESS WNATED YOU TO DO NAMES FOR ME AS G TO GET A HOLD OF TO OU USE MCIROSOFT A SIMPLE NAME ON A DISHCLOTH FOR SOMEONES BDAY ON MONDAY PLEASE EMAIL ME AS WONT LET ME EMAIL YOU AS Y

Aunt Kathy said...

I can help with the names but I need an email address to contact you.

Trudie said...

Gorgeous patterns! Thank you! Will for sure be making some of them. My little girl is dog crazy, so she will LOVE the Scotty dog patterns. I'm also going to make the wedding one for my baby sister's wedding this November :) Thank you! Will forward you some pics when I'm done!

Melissa Bosch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Bosch said...

My cousin and her boyfriend are getting engaged and I wanted to make this for them but I can't understand how to do there name. There names are Ibrahim and Jessica can you help me from Melissa

Aunt Kathy said...

Melissa, their names are too long to fit in this pattern do they have nicknames, or perhaps their first middle and last name initials. I can't contact you because you came in as anonymous, please email be about this and I will work on your dilemma. Thanks Kathy

Patricia Krawec said...

This is just beautiful! Can you help me with. Shell and Scott. Thank you so much. Patkrawec@gmail.com

Rebecca Radke said...

Need becky and roger plz and stacey and dane

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I'd like to do a set for a couple ... one with her name at the top and his on bottom, and the other reversed. I tried to put the names in, but it's not turning out right :( If you can help, that would be great! The names are Gena and Kelly. You can reach me at jazdan@gmail.com

Melissa Bosch said...

dear aunt kathy i need help with names Sam and TOM if you can e-mail me back from melissa bosch

Anonymous said...

Could you do the names Josh and Nikki? My email is crazynikky7@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

hello - I have tried CHRIS and MEGAN with your chart several times and I need help please!
email to chirpeeannie@hotmail.com
many many thanks